“Jeff Lasky, Lancaster JetHawks radio: Considering all those hours he grew up listening to Scully on the Dodgers, he's found his own voice and would make any team pleased to have him pull up a chair.”
Daily News Sports Media Rankings Column
2012 has been a year of exciting change leading into what will be an exciting 2013! Jeff has returned to California year-around, accepting a job as an anchor and update reporter at XX1090 AM, the top sports radio station ...
Listen to Fox Sports San Diego:
Listen to XX1090 San Diego:
A versatile broadcast professional with a wide range of on-air radio and television experience. Skilled at play-by-play and reporting with a strong record in multimedia, media relations, and sales. An expressive, conversational, on-air style that engages and informs listeners. Descriptive and knowledgeable for hardcore fans, yet entertaining and adept at attracting casual fans. Rated as one of the top play-by-play broadcasters in Los Angeles market by the Daily News.
Fox Sports San Diego
Padres Feature Reporter
• Producer/Reporter for Padres Weekly and Padres POV shows
• Generate story ideas, write, produce, and oversee editing
XX1090 AM (San Diego Padres Flagship)
• Serve as anchor for Padres pre, post, and in-game reports
• Host of High School Football/Basketball Game of the Week
• Sports update anchor
August 2007-March 2012
Learfield Sports/Montana State University (Division 1-Big Sky Conference)
• Play-by-Play broadcast all football and men’s basketball games on 14-station radio network plus webcast
• Host of “Cat Chat” weekly radio talk show
• Host of “Bobcats Daily” radio segment and podcast
January 2006-December 2011
Lancaster JetHawks (California League, Advanced A)
Play-by-Play, Director of Broadcasting/Media Relations
• Play-by-Play broadcast all 140 home and road games on radio and web
• Host weekly video program “This Week in JetHawks Baseball”
• Executive Producer of internet radio station covering local sports
• Coordinate media relations, including press notes and releases
• Design and operate team website
• Produce game program, media guide, and team promotional materials
• Create and oversee social media outreach programs
March 2005-December 2005
Inland Empire 66ers (California League, Advanced A)
Play-by-Play Voice, Director of Media/Public Relations
• Play-by-Play broadcast home and road games on radio and web
• Handle media/public relations, including appearances
• Sales Account Executive
• Develop school outreach program, including assemblies
• Represent team at community events, serve as guest speaker
March 2006-March 2007
KTVM-TV, 6&42, NBC Montana-Bozeman
• Lead Sports Anchor for all local newscasts
• Play-by-Play announcer for college football broadcasts
• Report, shoot, write, and edit local sports content
• Work with sales staff on station promotion and to increase revenue
Graduated from the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University with a B.A. in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in History.
Rated one of the Top Ten Broadcasters in Los Angeles by the L.A. Daily News in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012
Society of Professional Journalists award for Best Sports Reporting.
2012 has been a year of exciting change leading into what will be an exciting 2013! Jeff has returned to California year-around, accepting a job as an anchor and update reporter at XX1090 AM, the top sports radio station in San Diego and the flagship station of the San Diego Padres. After years of working hard in the minor leagues, Jeff now works on the Padres pre-game and post-game shows and does score updates during the games.
Shortly after starting at XX1090, Jeff was asked to return to television as a feature producer and reporter for Fox Sports San Diego. He does stories on the Padres popular magazine shows Padres Weekly and Padres POV. Jeff’s very first story on Fox Sports San Diego found him at Sea World with Padres players as they swam with dolphins.
Jeff is thrilled to be settling into San Diego and to be working in both radio and television in such a great media market.
Talk Show / Interview.